problems with a computer i think it is a driver issue with gfx card

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by thedigi321, Oct 29, 2016.

1. thedigi321

thedigi321 Petabyte

Ratings:
    +20
    not that i can rememeber but it is possible i did at one point long ago. i have the software, and my cpu was overclocked since it was install due to automatic OCing, is it possible to replace that? i mean spending 10-20 bucks on a new capacitor, and possible a bit of stuff beats shelling out 300-400 dollars on a new card

2. AdamDuce

AdamDuce ZettaByte
    UBERPOSTER

Ratings:
    +23
    Windows 10
    I wouldn't even attempt a Capacitor repair unless you've got previous experience with soldering on such a small scale.

I think that you may have pushed you card too far and you've damaged the power delivery system.

3. thedigi321

thedigi321 Petabyte

Ratings:
    +20
    honestly I ha-- wait I did have it in a drawer/cupboard not really thinking about air flow that might have heated it up too much thank you for the input, what card would you recommend I currently have an ANTEC 550 Watt power supply with an AMD A10-7850K APU, a Nvidia GT 730 GFX card, a GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XM-D3H. I have been talking to another friend about this as well who had pretty much the same build only with I think a 650 Watt power supply and said that might have caused an issue as well, could that have happened, I never OCed the card because I knew that I had no real clue what I was doing, I watched a couple of videos but the payout seemed pretty small to the risk of OCing and the software I talked about earlier was AMD OverDrive which I looked again and found that supports CPU/APUs unless I am missing the settings for GPUs, I am looking to upgrade my power supply in the coming months

Verification:
reCAPTCHA verification is loading. Please refresh the page if it does not load.
Draft saved Draft deleted