Dismiss Notice
Hey! Looking to Learn, Get Help or Do Things Better? Get started today, it's super quick: Log In or Sign Up! ยป

problems with a computer i think it is a driver issue with gfx card

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by thedigi321, Oct 29, 2016.

1. thedigi321

thedigi321 Petabyte

Ratings:
    +20
    hello i have a computer that was built with the help of the community of this forum and i am having an issue with the graphics card and i think it is a driver issue. i have an AMD 380x that has had no issues for a good 8 months but recently when i run a game like cs:go or Team Fortress 2 the computer will lock up and freeze, but will not display a BSOD. everything will lock up like the keyboard and mouse to the audio that will loop the last thing said. i look into my event viewer and see this around the time of the crash "The amdacpksd service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified." i am not sure what is causing this. i am at a complete loss please help. PS my nvidia graphics card does not have these issues but it is much weaker than my 380x

2. Duncan

Duncan @itsmob3

Ratings:
    +170
    Windows 10
    Do you monitor your temps at all?

3. thedigi321

thedigi321 Petabyte

Ratings:
    +20
    yes it was around 90c around idle but when it crashed it when like 200ish C, i did replace the thermal paste but i had issues before i did that, after i replaced the paste it was around 65c idle and i could checked the temps when it crashed

4. thedigi321

thedigi321 Petabyte

Ratings:
    +20
    i hope we can get this fixed
    is there any reports i can post that will help in solving the issue? like a report of some sort
    @mobilephone2003

5. Duncan

Duncan @itsmob3

Ratings:
    +170
    Windows 10
    ~ scratch that, you said it didn't BSOD ~

You've pinned it down to your graphics card, and you're saying it dies under load. You've said it might be a driver issue, have you tried an earlier one?

Does it die instantly on a game or after a while?

Any more info that might be related?

6. thedigi321

thedigi321 Petabyte

Ratings:
    +20
    it doesnt offically BSOD'd it will just freeze on the last thing shown, i would try a different driver but i am not absolutely sure if that is the main issue, i have an idea that it is from the event viewer showing a service issue but that is just a theory and there is no recent minidumps as the computer wont BSOD, and entering the key combo will not work because everything will lock upon the freeze

7. Duncan

Duncan @itsmob3

Ratings:
    +170
    Windows 10
    See my updated post.

I dont think what you posted from the event viewer would be related

8. thedigi321

thedigi321 Petabyte

Ratings:
    +20
    the strange thing is that it will die sporadically sometimes i can get a game and sometimes it will be in the first 10 minutes the only other thing that i can think of that would make it crash is that the PSU is going bad but the nvidia card doesnt trigger the issue because it doesnt need as much power as the AMD card does thus it will not crash but that is a long shot, with the drivers now that i am thinking about it, i did just wipe the drivers with DDU and reinstalled them and still have the same issue so it might not be a driver issue at all

9. Duncan

Duncan @itsmob3

Ratings:
    +170
    Windows 10
  10. thedigi321

thedigi321 Petabyte

Ratings:
    +20
    ok i got the temps on a screen shot and they seem to stable out once they reach those temps also i tested the cpu and it was stable according to intel burn test, and furmark did not cause a crash

Attached Files:

11. Duncan

Duncan @itsmob3

Ratings:
    +170
    Windows 10
    So at load your CPU is going above 100 degrees Celsius

Check your cooler is on right or replace

That is way way too hot to be operating at

12. thedigi321

thedigi321 Petabyte

Ratings:
    +20
    so i just reapplied the thermal paste and cooler and after 45.46 minutes i got this result with the intel burn test by AgentGOD and the computer's idle temp is at 60C also i have my furmark score as well, the GPU core and memory look a little off for some reason like the seem low

Attached Files:

13. Duncan

Duncan @itsmob3

Ratings:
    +170
    Windows 10
    and how is your game now?

14. thedigi321

thedigi321 Petabyte

Ratings:
    +20
  15. Duncan

Duncan @itsmob3

Ratings:
    +170
    Windows 10
    Your card might be being throttled or the speed is showing incorrectly.

16. thedigi321

thedigi321 Petabyte

Ratings:
    +20
    my card was being shown as my apu card not the 380x also the game seems to be working now :relaxed:

17. thedigi321

thedigi321 Petabyte

Ratings:
    +20
    ok it crashed again
    idk what is happening

18. AdamDuce

AdamDuce ZettaByte
    UBERPOSTER

Ratings:
    +23
    Windows 10
    As soon as your card goes over 100 it will BSOD to save itself from burning out and to prevent any potential fire hazards it could actually cause.

If you have the version with a backplate your TJMAX is 105 Degrees C

If you have the version without the backplate your TJMAX in 113 Degrees C

The maximum you want to be seeing when gaming even overclocked is 70 Degrees C just so you know that its stable and that your cards longevity is in tact.

Re seat that cooler, run with NO overclocks, or try to get a refund. Which probably isn't possible as it seems to me that you've been fiddling with it which would have voided the warranty.

19. thedigi321

thedigi321 Petabyte

Ratings:
    +20
    hey Adam, I was looking at the card and found something labeled R17 that is a cube that looks like it leaked at one point. what do you make of this?the second pic tries to show that the other cubes like r17 are flushed with the sides while r17 bulges

Attached Files:

20. AdamDuce

AdamDuce ZettaByte
    UBERPOSTER

Ratings:
    +23
    Windows 10
    That looks like blown Capacitors.

Have you ever attempted an overclock?

Verification:
reCAPTCHA verification is loading. Please refresh the page if it does not load.
Draft saved Draft deleted