Dismiss Notice
Hey! Looking to Learn, Get Help or Do Things Better? Get started today, it's super quick: Log In or Sign Up! ยป

Blizzard Says No To Legacy Server Talk at BlizzCon

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Duncan, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Duncan

Duncan @mobilephone2003

Ratings:
    +170
    Windows 10
    A World of Warcraft Developer has hit the WoW Forums to let fans of legacy gameplay know that there will be no talk of Legacy Servers at BlizzCon 2016.

This is due to "their laser like focus on Legion 7.1".

[​IMG]
    Credits: By Source, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=13785338

This will surely disappoint many fans waiting for a little glimpse of official news of the servers, especially since a fan-made private server was shut down with discussions continuing with the development team.

There is nothing concrete saying that Legacy Servers will not be coming, but one thing is for sure, they won't be talking about it at it's major 2016 event.

Check out the Original Forum Post via TechnoBuffalo

#1 Duncan, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  2. illage4

illage4 Megabyte

Ratings:
    +6
    Nah its probably because blizzard are ready to talk about Diablo 3 (or Diablo 4) but to be honest I've noticed that since Overwatch launched Blizzard haven't really given all that much care to any of their others games.

3. Sonark

Sonark Administrator

Ratings:
    +9
    If I recall correctly it's confirmed that Diablo 4 isn't being worked on at the moment (which is a shame) and Blizzard released Legion after Overwatch, arguably one of the best WoW expansions to date. They also bring out constant updates for Heroes of The Storm and Hearthstone (not sure about Starcraft or Diablo).

On another note, I don't see legacy servers being super popular in the long run especially if Blizzard keep releasing good expansions and don't do another Warlords of Draenor fiasco, but I guess we'll see how it goes if they do eventually come out.

Verification:
reCAPTCHA verification is loading. Please refresh the page if it does not load.
Draft saved Draft deleted